Team Sawyer Restaurants, located in the comback city of Cleveland, includes restaurants The Greenhouse Tavern, Noodlecat, and Trentina. James Beard Winner Chef Jonathon Sawyer is at the helm of all three and is continously striving to bring greatness to the culinary scene of Cleveland.. The Greenhouse Tavern's one-of-a-kind dining setting selectively looks for individuals who have an entrepreneurial spirit and who thrive in an environment that demands excellence in every dimension. Under the leadership of Chef Sawyer, The Greenhouse Tavern strives to provide superb cuisine and seamless service through teamwork and execution.
Team Sawyer Restaurants has an immediate opening for a new General Manager in Cleveland, OH. This role is responsible for the overall “Fine Dining” quality and profitability of the restaurant in both the front and back of the house. The General Manager ensures that all personnel and systems function efficiently to ensure the guests expectations are surpassed, the business achieves budgeted profit levels, employee morale is maintained and Union experience is a major plus.
• Guest and Fine Dining Experience
• Monitor and conduct Manager and Employee training on an ongoing basis ensuring Growth and Advancement
• Leadership ability and Team building skills
• Supervise other managers and staff
• Coordinate business operations
Knowledge, Education, Skills and Abilities
• Bachelor’s degree or higher a plus
• Minimum of 3 to 5 years’ management experience in an independent fine dining establishment
• Catering experience, a major plus
• Significant professional experience in lower and middle management
• Work independently without direct supervision
• Financial analysis and budget management
• Work directly with customers and clients
• Display confidence when directing a large staff of experienced front of house employees
• Exhibit a “can-do” attitude, inspire others to excel and develop and maintain team spirit
• Resourcefulness, good judgment, excellent social, communication and organizational skills
• The ability to manage multiple projects at one time and respond quickly to the fast-paced restaurant culture
Essential Job functions
• Operate, manage, oversee and supervise all aspects of Property on a daily basis.
• Communicate and execute directives from corporate senior management continuously
• Keep an accurate payroll ledger and check Employee time cards
• Communicate all operational and financial results to corporate senior management daily
• Ensure restaurant meets or exceeds the highest standard of all license and Health Department requirements
• Maintain budget costs of goods, labor and operations
• Required to handle business and landlord/partner relationships within the building, as well as, nurture surrounding business and hotel relationships,
• Required to work within applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations
• Required to maintain balance between administrative duties without compromising presence and visibility on the floor
• Maintain regulatory compliance
• Operate property daily
• Develop business strategies and goals
• Set department/vision goals based on company standards
• Follow and enforce company policies and procedures consistently
• Develop new business opportunities
• Represent company in relevant professional organizations
• Concentrate on the routine work details of the day and organize and maintain records
• Ensure that customer service is held to a high standard and the dining experiences surpass guest expectations
• Additional duties as assigned or deemed necessary for effective business operations
• Microsoft Office applications
• Point of sale systems
Work Environment • The General Manager must be able to maneuver through all areas of the restaurant, including food and beverage areas. Requires mobility, prolonged standing, bending, stooping, and reaching. Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues. Requires hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity. Heavy customer contact is required.
Required Work Cards • Food Handlers Safety Training Card
Compensation: Team Sawyer Restaurants offers competitive compensation and benefits package.
If you meet the above requirements and description please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with GENERAL MANAGER in the subject line.